♫ eh, eh there's nothing more i can say ♫

Random stuff I feel the need to share with my non existent readers :P

So as I sat on my sofa at home, I decided to watch some CNN to get an update on what is happening at Haiti, because while I'm at school during the week I don't watch tv. So when I turn to CNN, they're not talking about the Haiti situation, they're talking about John Edward's child out of wedlock. And at that moment I got so mad, there is more important things going on in the world, yet the media feels the necessity to take an hour to talk about some guy's affair and how his cancer survivor/patient wife is handling the situation.
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE pop culture and gossip too, but one must set priorities, and this is something our country lacks. We see the same things day after day, in the newspaper the front page goes to the affair between celebrities, or the murder that occurred in NYC, instead of covering the school who won a worldwide science competition, or the couple who set up a free clinic to help underprivileged children. Plus, we should let these poor public figures figure their crazy lives out instead of being in their face about their private issues.

I know this is a topic many find sensitive, and has been talked about a lot, but today I felt the need to fume about it, because it disgusts me that we ignore the tragedy that is occurring in Haiti, to cover a silly affair of an ex-presidential candidate. Its stupid and petty, and just damn superficial.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hola! :)

This is my super (lame) blog :P A blog about random stuff I feel the urge to write about!

I'm a 23 yr old, super single, girl from puerto rico, on the verge of graduating as a chemical engineer, and moving to minnesota to work in a lab with food: all within the next 6 months :)

in a few words I can be: geeky, cynical, funny, moody, sarcastic, silly, wierd. i'm also a Libra :P ... movies, tv, music, science, and random things are my life :)

Quote of le moment

"Sometimes the things you are most afraid of are the things that make you the happiest."
- Nora (Brothers & Sisters)

About Me

My photo
I'm an ENFP (if that means anything to you :P) 24 yrs old - Born in Rochester, NY - lived in Puerto Rico since 10 yrs of age - Went to school at UPR-Mayaguez for Chemical Engineering - just moved to Minneapolis, MN to work in R&D

Follow Me! :)